It’s said that all men masturbate. It’s also generally assumed that all men do it the same fashion: A few repeated strokes up and down. Ejaculate then fall asleep.
There are so many songs and jokes about male masturbation that it’s nearly impossible to have no knowledge of it. Unlike females, males are considered liars if they claim to have never masturbated. The downside is, while expected to be “typical male behavior,” it’s still considered “dirty” by many religions and mothers alike.
Why masturbate? Actually, masturbation gives an opportunity to try out firsthand (no pun intended) what feels good to you. Its one way to explore fantasy, satisfy curiosity and become more self-aware of your body. Also, many studies have linked it to reducing the risk of prostate cancer.
Now, let’s focus on what actually happens during masturbation:
- Erection — “Hard Ons,” “Woody,” whatever you choose to call them. The penis becomes hard because the arteries within get smaller, which increases the blood pressure and causes the erectile tissue to fill with blood.
- Orgasm — This part is a bit more complicated. The spinal cord sends signals to the genitals to get the juices flowing (pun intended). A combination of fluids from the seminal vesicles, the prostate, the ampulla and the vas deferens are sent into the urethra by groin muscle contractions. The pressure increase in the urethra causes the semen to be forced out, and the urethral contractions produce the intense, orgasmic feeling that keeps bringing you back for more.
Ok now let’s go over some of the information you can utilize while you masturbate:
Lubrication — Some guys use saliva, KY lube or the common Vaseline found in the medicine cabinet. To my surprise some don’t use any lubrication because they enjoy the friction.
Sex Toys — Loved by many, hated by few, sex toys can be found in novelty shops and websites everywhere. I’ve heard of some guys using vibrators in various locations between their legs and guys putting their penises whereâ€¦well, let’s just say a penis shouldn’t be where they put their penises. However, just as penis-resembling dildos and vibrators are made for females, pocket pals, fleshlights are made for men only which come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Some look unreal and are quite inexpensive and some look realistic and cost considerably more.
Now many men who prefer fake-looking ones not only because of the price, but because they feel uncomfortable with a real woman. Pocket Pals were created to look and feel like a real female anatomy, thus providing the realistic feel. Keep in mind silicone or polyurethane may not feel like human flesh, you get what you paid for.
Pornography — I don’t advise you to search for porn on the Internet, paid for view or run to your nearest corner store for the latest issue of Penthouse, but remember it’s been around a long time for the purposes we’re discussing here. (FYI: It is believed that women once masturbated to cave drawings of warriors). Erotica is considered by some to be porn, and its biggest advantage is being able to see things with your mind’s eye; with so much left to the imagination, it’s easy to get lost in the fantasy.
By now, I’m sure you’re confident and ready to embark on this journey yourself.
As you may know or not, the prostate gland is the male G-spot. Stimulation of the prostate gland during sexual activity intensifies orgasm to a substantial degree. It’s located beneath the bladder and in front of the rectum.
One easy way to stimulate it to insert an object or finger into the anus (make sure it’s clean!) and gently press against the wall within. That’s the first thing you need to know.
- Although this is just a precaution step, go ahead and urinate. This isn’t recommended for those with full bladders.
- The loose skin at the bottom of the underside of the penis is extremely sensitive. If you gently press down into it, you’ll be pushing into the top of the scrotum. As you press in, it will feel like a soft, spongy area. With the right amount of pressure, you can feel the onset of an erection within a few seconds. You’re not getting off this easy though (you probably could by playing around, varying the intensity, etc., but don’t allow it. This IS the ultimate experience, remember.) Simultaneously wiggle your fingers (almost in a vibrating motion) while pressing against the top of the scrotum (remember, not too much pressure, as you could hurt yourself; but do use enough pressure to feel it. If anything hurts, use common sense and stop.). Continue this until the erection is complete.
- With your fingers still gently pressing into top of the scrotum, straddle a surface (be it the side of a bed or sofa, the stuffed animal your girlfriend got you for Valentine’s Day, a pillow, a cushionâ€¦you get the idea: Hard enough for pressure, but too soft to cause pain.) and grind the underside of the penis against your fingers (yes, you’re humping your hand while using your body to press it hard against your chosen surface).
- While this is going on, use the other hand to reach behind and insert your index finger into your anus to gently stimulate the prostate gland (again, make sure it’s clean!) or simply stimulate the anus by moving your fingers in the same vibrating-like motion as you did in step 1.
- As you approach orgasm, exercise your Kegel muscles. Try to urinate for a few seconds, and then use the same muscle that you would use to cut off urine midstream.